Your satisfaction is important to us! Paw & Partners are always here to help and support you on your pet needs.
Hunter's Service: Highest quality in production, innovative ideas in development, and the best service for satisfied customers - that is what Hunter has stood for, ever since the company was founded in 1980.
Here are some tips & tricks on how to look after your Hunter pet ware to ensure longevity:
Leather & Care
- Unlike industrial products that offer standardised quality, leather is a natural product and therefore always bears signs of individual charm.
- Leather is unique - its structure and coloration are affected by environmental influences such as light (with everyday use, a patina develops overtime on leather products, which makes each piece a special, personal favorite for you & your pet).
- Leather collars, harnesses, and leashes are generally more sensitive to water than a synthetic fibre product. Therefore, constant or regular contact with water is not recommended as some colour may rub off or there may appear to be excessive deterioration which can make the item look worn.
- The quality of HUNTER leather articles will only be maintained if the product is treated correctly.
Premium Leather & Care
- For Elk leather care, please ensure you don't expose the product to extreme moisture or dirt, as this will damage the leather.
- Elk leather is already greased and only requires a minimum of regreasing. For this purpose, Paw and Partners have a special leather care product you can buy in addition to your purchased product. However, if you would prefer not to purchase this product, you can use baby lotion instead.
Nylon & Synthetic Products
- Hunter has a wide range of nylon and synthetic products, which are much better suited for use in damp environments.
Cleaning - Leather, Nylon & Synthetic Products
Been for a walk and your dog has rolled in mud or decided to go for a swim in their harness or collar? Post-walk cleaning is easy; simply damp clean cloth with warm soapy water and remove any dirt, mud, salty water, or sand that is bothering you and allow to dry naturally. If you have purchased decorative collar wear i.e. with studs, we suggest removing before your pet goes swimming or plays in the mud to preserve the quality of your product. Also, we recommend that you prevent any moisture from remaining on the metal parts of the product.
Toys & Care
- All cat & dog toys should be cleaned and disinfected regularly. Not only to wash away dirt but to kill bacteria and germs that love to live on those dragged-through - the-dirt toys. All Hunter toys include cleaning instructions on the tag.
- You should always check your pet's toys to ensure they're not broken or too heavily chewed to be cleaned. If they have been shredded or torn apart, it's better to throw them out & replace them. Hunter wants to ensure that your pet doesn't choke on a broken toy or swallow a toy, which can cause intestinal blockage.
Dog Beds & Mats
- A high percentage of Hunter dog bed cushions and mats can be washed at 30°C in the washing machine if shaking out and vacuuming isn't enough to move stubborn dirt. Always check the labels before cleaning.
- Hunter feeding bowls can be cleaned by hand or in the dishwasher. Always check the labels before cleaning.
If you have any other questions or queries, please feel free to get in touch: www.pawandpartners.co.nz